Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm back!


I'll post another item feature shortly, but in the meantime I wanted to tell everyone about my recent trip to Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. I was there for 2 weeks with a bunch of friends from Newfoundland. It was a great trip and I learned so much about climbing. Red Rocks has something for every climber, at every level. There is sport climbing, bouldering, trad, and multi-pitch. I am mainly a sport climber, but I tried out some trad climbing on the trip and it was a great experience. It was a whole new challenge. I have never experienced a desert environment before either. It is so hot and dry, you wonder how anything can survive there, but there is amazing wildlife: birds, lizards, snakes, rabbits, even deer. I didn't see any of the more exotic animals like tortoises or wild burros, though! It was a great time and I definitely recommend Red Rocks to anyone interested in taking a trip there.

No comments:

Post a Comment